Friday 22 July 2016

A forgetful pensioner left his wife at the airport...

A forgetful pensioner accidentally left his wife in an airport and jetted off to Spain on holiday without her, only realising he had left her behind when he landed.


Maurice Hunter, 80, from Plumstead in south London, thought wife Carolyn, 70, had already boarded the plane at Stansted Airport while he popped to the toilets.

The couple had booked separate seats on the RyanAir flight to Benidorm as Mr Hunter, who is 6'4, wanted extra leg room.Mr Hunter said after he boarded the flight he even waved at a woman he thought was his wife before settling in.But when the plane landed and all the of the passengers began to disembark Mr Hunter began to worry when he could not see his wife of 47 years.
He told The Sun:

 'I was worried something bad had happened because I could see that everyone was off the plane.'When I asked [a Spanish worker] where my wife was and if she was OK, he told me she was fine, but back in London. I couldn't believe it.


Mr Hunter, who is diabetic, then had to turn round and head home less than an hour after landing in Spain as his wife had all of his medication.

Mrs Hunter said:

 'I don't know how we missed each other, but the last thing I said to him was not to be long.'

The couple, who had planned the holiday to celebrate Mr Hunter's birthday, ended spending the week at their caravan in Whitstable in Kent instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment