Sunday 24 January 2016

WOMEN'S ROUND TABLE: Do I really need a maid???...

Its four pm so women let's talk.....welcome to another segment of Women's round table discussion(am sounding like a vlogger shey lol)


I have this burning desire in my heart to always talk about maids and the erroneous idea women most especially some 'Christian' women are have. I think now is the time.

Overtime, I have heard people discuss the issue of bringing maids into their homes, some say its not good blablabla that a virtuous woman shouldn't have maid, others say some maids can't be trusted. I totally agree with the later.
I don't have a maid myself just because I am scared of entrusting my home to a total strange and because i can still manage myself for now not because of the virtuous woman BS.

OK virtuous woman, getting married it was drummed into our ears that we should emulate the virtuous woman in the bible, yeah we should..... But do you know that virtuous woman had maids.....let me quote the bible 'she gets up while its still dark, she provides food for her family and portions for her SERVANT girls'(you can check it out prov 31 vs 15)

Now the crux of the matter....you have agreed to get  a maid, sisters why allow your maid attend to your husband?

The duties of your maid should and should only be your house chores, your husband is your responsibility do not allow any maid to attend to him, like cook his meals and other stuff.
The only reason you are getting a maid is to relief you, (mind you she is not a slave).
You know most times after working, cooking dinner and if you have kid(s)attending to your kids you will find out that you don't have the energy to gist with your husband,(we all know what lack of communication does to marriages) he might have even gone to bed by the time you are done thereby not being able to attend to his other need.
That's where the maid comes in, she helps you out in order for you to attend to your other duties as a wife and mother.(The virtuous woman we are to emulate attended to her husband and family)

Some people will not agree with me, but its the truth.....you need a maid to help you think....yes think....if you have kids you know what I mean, sometimes when you need to achieve something or do a project most especially if you are a SAHM and you work from the house you will get what am I mean, they say when you have a kid,you are mother but when you have two kids or more you are not just a mother also a referee. That's where the maid comes in she can help you attend to the kids at the moment.

And again just because we are mothers doesn't mind we don't crave for our 'me time' that moment you just want to be alone. Your maid can help you while you are at it. As humans its always good to balance our life.

Don't want to have my usual lengthy discussions lol.

I will really appreciate your contributions because its a discussion....
Have a nice day/week till we meet next weekend bye for now.

SAHM.....stay at home mom

No comments:

Post a Comment