Wednesday 9 December 2015

A desperate move to loose weight gone wrong


Ewo i feel for her...!!!

A young girl from Australia who was so desperate about losing weight got more than she bargained following a terrible health condition.


 An anorexic (a condition of eating disorder caused by self-starvation and excessive weight loss) teenager was just hours from death after taking no food and water for a week in a desperate bid to become popular at school.


Ellen Lietzow, then 17, refused to let even a drop of water touch her lips at the height of her struggle with anorexia, when her weight plummeted to under five and a half stone. After a week of fasting she collapsed with a seizure and was rushed to the hospital.

She was in such poor condition doctors and nurses were astonished she was still alive. Shockingly, Elle admitted to losing weight because she thought that being skinny would make her popular amongst her peers.
She said: "I wanted to stay skinny just to be accepted by everyone. I had gained so many friends when I lost weight accidentally during my swimming and everyone would compliment me.

"I thought, if I quit swimming I am going to have to keep that low weight so that people would still want to be my friends, because if I gain weight no one would want to be my friend anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment